Monday, May 10, 2010

MOTHERS DAY




Shorncliffe Pier




Yesterday was Mothers Day and as planned, we took Mum's ashes up to Shorncliffe Pier and released her ashes.


We also sent her fathers ashes with her, which have sat in her wardrobe for more than 25 years.
Mum with us not so long ago



So, Jack dressed as a self proclaimed "Bad Batman", and we all hopped in the car for the two hour drive.


Jack in Bad Batman mode.


Then, as a family we all walked out to the pier and found a spot on the very busy pier that we could release the ashes without the fear of some poor fisherman, minding his own business, copping a lashing of Mum dust.



Yesterday was a picture perfect day. And was exactly what we wanted for Mum.

Happy Mothers Day and Love you Mum x




My brother, Les & I

I should also mention, I got spoilt rotten by my husband who was slave for a day (his words not mine) and Maddie, Sam and Jack who gave me the best give of all, kisses and cuddles.

10 comments:

Lucy said...

I am so glad you did this. And you are beautiful. My blog crush just intensified. xx

Langdowns said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Bronnie Marquardt said...

Beautiful. Glad it went well for you.

Thea said...

That's beautiful, Bern. It was a gorgeous day!
Hope you're feeling OK. xx

Wanderlust said...

Bern, I'm glad your day turned out so well, with good weather and all going as planned. What a beautiful send off for your mum and granddad.

kurrabikid said...

A beautiful day indeed.

Lori @ RRSAHM said...

Oh wow. What a gorgeous day for it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Smudgeblurr said...

Hey Bern,
Thanks for sharing this very personal time with all your blog fans - glad it was a beautiful day for you and your mum and grandad.
Wx

In Real Life said...

I'm glad that it turned out so beautifully!

A Very Fine House {Katrina Chambers} said...

Aren't you cute!!!!