So this isn't original. In fact I swiped it off Jodie at Mummy-Mayhem who I think may have in turn, borrowed it from another great blogger. It's an interview with my children. Maddie 10, Sam 8 and Jack 3.
Can I urge you to do the same. Even if you don't write or blog. Ask the questions, write them down and update them when you remember. Then give them to your children when they grow up.
I wish I had an insight into my own ten year old mind. Although it probably would have been all about my anguish over my shameful decision to cut my hair like a boy and desperate desire to read Dolly magazine.
1. What do you want to do when you grow up?
- 10yo: A teacher. (Good choice, heaps of holidays and job security)
- 8yo: A Train Driver. (Nice, just be weary of that bastard fat controller)
- 3yo: A grownup. (Probably the longest shot of all. Who want's to be a grownup when you actually have to be?)
2. How old are you?
- 10yo: Ten turning eleven (most important to clarify at this age)
- 8yo: 8
- 3yo: 3
3. How old am I?
- 10yo: 35 (Correct)
- 8yo: 10 (Sucking up. I like it)
- 3yo: 4 (Going too far, I can spot a teachers pet a mile away)
4. How old is Dad?
- 10yo: 38 (Also true.)
- 8yo: 81 (Bwahahhaha)
- 3yo: 4 (At least he's not my sugar daddy)
5. What do you like most about school/daycare?
- 10yo: English (Good girl. Now just write another Twilight saga and we can retire on the beach)
- 8yo: Integrated Studies (This could be a made up subject)
- 3yo: Chocolate. (Hmmm, that's the reason he's off tap when I pick him up)
6. What do you like to do outside?
- 10yo: Talk to friends (And recreate Bold & the Beautiful Style dramas I believe)
- 8yo: Play on the playground (I'm guessing this doesn't include the the time he broke his arm into two separate pieces)
- 3yo: Playing Tennis/Raking Dirt (I can see why these two would be a close call)
7. What do you like to do inside?
- 10yo: Watch TV (True Dat)
- 8yo: Work (The Nike Sweatshop has nothing on us apparently)
- 3yo: Hanging out in my room (Stockholm syndrome, he's often relegated there for being a turd)
8. What is your favourite toy?
- 10yo: My DS.
- 8yo: My Lego
- 3yo: Batman
9. What is your favourite game?
- 10yo: Monopoly (Until she starts to lose that is, then it sucks the big one)
- 8yo: Lego
- 3yo: Batman
10. Do you have a favourite TV show?
- 10yo: Modern Family (Mine too)
- 8yo: Tom & Jerry (Sam is a T & J freak)
- 3yo: Batman (Hmm, recurring theme?)
11. Do you have a favourite movie?
- 10yo: Eclipse (Twilight)
- 8yo: Transformers (Because ultimately, Sam Morley would like to be Sam Witwicky)
- 3yo: Batman (I think he thinks he's Robin)
12. Do you have a favourite book?
- 10yo: Eclipse (Pasty vampires & love triangles, perhaps I should start censoring)
- 8yo: Tornadoes (Infatuated with natural disasters)
- 3yo: Batman (Enough with the batman)
13. What's your favourite colour?
- 10yo: Purple
- 8yo: Red
- 3yo: Green, Black and White (Why not?)
14. What's your favourite number?
- 10yo: 100
- 8yo: 1
- 3yo: 3 - that's my birfday Mum.
15. What's your favourite food?
- 10yo: Pasta Bake (Which we NEVER have)
- 8yo: Apples
- 3yo: Batman Food
16. What is something that is really good for you?
- 10yo: Bananas
- 8yo: A haircut. (Let's face it, a bloody good one can lift your spirits)
- 3yo: Not hitting (Yes son, good because you spend less time incarcerated in your room)
17. Do you have a favourite friend?
- 10yo: Alissa
- 8yo: Zack
- 3yo: Georgia (Also can be classified as his girlfriend)
18. What time do you usually go to bed?
- 10yo: 9pm (On a slack night, true)
- 8yo: 9:30pm (Um, maybe in fantasy land)
- 3yo: 54 (Still working on the whole time concept)
19. What time do you wake up?
- 10yo: 7am (Unless of course no one wrestles her out of bed, then anywhere up until midday)
- 8yo: When Jack wakes me up (Correctamundo. Ditto for the rest of the family)
- 3yo: When Mum & Dad wake up (deluded)
20. Anything else you’d like to add?
- 10yo: No
- 8yo: My favourite science is Hurricane (Well hop to it and learn to read Storm Chaser)
- 3yo: I like playing in the playground. (I wonder why he forgot to mention how much he loves to block the toilet with unidentified objects?)
Thanks for reading, direct me to yours if you do something similar :)