Friday, May 20, 2011

HOUSEKEEPING





I desperately wanted to have a very exciting post up last night, but then some dickhead went and threatened to blow up Central Station and I couldn't get home.  So instead, I'll do some very quick housekeeping. As usual, this has nothing to do with my actual house.

A couple of weeks ago I had  piece on Mamamia about acceptable swearing.  You can check it out HERE


In fact, a couple of weeks ago Kidspot.com flew me down to Sydney to attend the launch party of the Kidspot Top 50 Bloggers which was amazing. I got to catch up with some lovely bloggy friends and to meet some I'd longed to.    I have an entry in to win a car for a year.  You can check it out HERE

And, although the official day was yesterday, Witchery's White Shirt Day Campaign which raises money for Ovarian Cancer is one I wanted to draw your attention to.  100% of the profits from the shirts you can see HERE goes to research.

Last night I attended a Freelance Writing Seminar held at the QLD Writers Centre in Brisbane.  3 wonderful and knowledgeable editors and writers, clued us newbies in on some industry secrets and shared many anecdotes about the process of submitting a story.  The QLD Writers Centre are marvellous and have many great courses.  You can find them HERE


OK, So that's it.  Normal transmission resuming soon 


And even though I'm a bit shit at replying to comments, I read and love each and every one.  You'll probably be better off trying to talk to me on Twitter.  @Bern_morley

6 comments:

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Will head over to Twitter later to discuss your seminar - would be interested to hear how it was.

Jodie Ansted said...

Me too. I'd like to hear about that as well. :) x

Maxabella said...

Nice clean up, Bern. x

colleague at the sweat shop said...

bout time you did some housekeeping woman!!!

Loz said...

That's my kinda house keeping! Not a single ounce of glen20 needed :)
Ah, I need to get my tweet on...im well behind!

Ms Styling You said...

Can you please come and do my housekeeping?